Traceability to Source Code

Jamie Wardlaw
edited April 2020 in
Hello everyone, 

I've been looking for a good solution to extending traceability from our requirements to our source code. Our intention is to tag our source code where a requirement is implemented. In support of coverage analysis and future impact analysis as our developments are held to functional safety standards where this would be considered recommended for higher integrity software. 

What have others acheived with Jama? It seems there is no out of the box solution.

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• Lawrence Anvari
    edited April 2020
    Hello Jamie,

This is a good question and one that I intend to follow. For the sake of better understanding the context, what application do you use to manage your source code?
  • Jamie Wardlaw
    edited April 2020
    We have a gitlab repository(ies). One thought was at a project level we could point Jama at repository releases to be parsed for references and create related items or populate custom fields in Jama for use in coverage analysis.

Sent from Outlook Mobile

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication.

------Original Message------

Hello Jamie,

This is a good question and one that I intend to follow. For the sake of better understanding the context, what application do you use to manage your source code?