Jama Authentication plus Company SSO Authentication

Srinivasa Rao Bodugu
edited April 2020 in
When we enable SSO, we are losing External Review functionality. To retain both SSO and external review functionality, we can enable Jama Authentication plus Company SSO Authentication.

Here is how we have done for one of our cloud applications. Please check attached snapshot for the same.

Comments

• Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited April 2020
    Srinivasa:

Interesting, could you tell us a bit more about the different pieces you put together to make this work? What is the recipe? Thank you for sharing this here.

Best,
  • Srinivasa Rao Bodugu
    edited April 2020
    Hi Chloe,

Thanks for responding. Sorry I missed the notification.
    Our company uses Ping Identity to enable external SSO. Our company SSO team worked with Onshape SSO team to understand the dependencies to enable this function.
    I think we should bring your SSO team and our company SSO team together to get it done. Please let me know how you want to proceed further with this one.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Srini.
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited April 2020
    Srinivasa:

When I read your original post, I had thought that perhaps you had figured out a way to do this. And so this is why I asked for more information. Unfortunately, this configuration will not work, as soon as SSO is turned on Jama loses all password info which makes it impossible for Jama to verify Users.

Best,
  • Srinivasa Rao Bodugu
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the confirmation Chloe!
    I suggest finding a way to make this work as we want to keep both SSO and external reviews function.

BR,
    Srini.
  • Sven Schmidberger
    edited April 2020
    Being able to manage external users, eg for reviews, directly in Jama without impacting internal users SSO would be a great advantage for us as well.

------Original Message------

Thanks for the confirmation Chloe!
    I suggest finding a way to make this work as we want to keep both SSO and external reviews function.

BR,
    Srini.