Add Relationship Type to Trace View options

Debra Shannon
edited March 2018 in
We need to be able to filter the Trace View export based on Relationship Type. 
The Trace View currently treats all relationships alike.  But, we need to distinguish "Derived From" relationships from "Related To" and "Verified By" relationships.  If there were an option to include the Relationship type as columns in the export, we could filter the export based on the relationship type.

Comments

• Jason Soares
    edited May 2019
    There is no way to do this? That's unfortunate. My test group is currently using different relationship types to differentiate whether a test procedure is planned or fully implemented. Without the ability to show this in trace views, showing proper coverage is going to be difficult without asking the teams to go through the hassle of adding some other way of marking these.
  • Julie Goodner
    edited May 2019
    Hi Jason,

My name is Julie and I'm one of the product managers here at Jama. I would like to understand more about what you are looking for. Would you expect to see this same relationship type in other areas of Connect?

Thank you,
    Julie Goodner
  • Jason Soares
    edited May 2019
    For clarification, I am using a home instance of Jama, 8.33.1.

Hi Julie, when using the Trace view, it's important in my case to be able to see the relationship type that a test case is using to relate to the requirement. Only test cases related with "verified by" relationship types are valid for calculating test coverage, while "assigned to" is a planned test, usually a placeholder. 

At a minimum, in the excel export, I would like to have an extra column between relationships with the relationship type populated. Trace view would be nice too, but is obviously more effort. 
  • Jason Soares
    edited August 2019
    Hi Julie, has there been any more discussion of this? If there is no way to view this in the trace view, is there a way to export it so that I can work with the information in a tool like Excel or Tabeau? Currently the relationship type is invisible everywhere except in the relationship widget. It's actually creating a significant headache for me, since I need to create a VCRM and I have test cases that are not valid for coverage and this is denoted by an "assigned to" relationship instead of a "verified by" relationship in Jama.