Create Baseline should be a Creator capability

Steve Kay
edited April 2018 in
Users with Creator role are unable to create baselines. I can understand not allowing them to edit or delete baselines, but not being able to create them poses an unnecessary burden on organization administrators. Giving our creators the Manage Projects role seems to be too risky to just allow for baseline creation. This is also not explicitly spelled out in the Help, as far as I could find. Editing and Deleting baselines is explicitly mentioned regarding permissions, but not creation.
Steve Kay
Principal Systems Test Architect
Hologic - Breast Health

Comments

• Johan Hellman
    edited January 2019
    I strongly agree with this feature request. We are very dependent on baselines to lock down versions of our Sets before they are sent to external customers. Today we are forced to use the the whole of Review Center only for this as we do not want the whole of our Business Analyst community to be admins. This implies extra work for every BA including creating a dummy review of a set, sending a dummy invite and having to go through "publish new revision" for every change and also managing all the emails that review center sends out. Allowing a creator to create a baseline would simplify the daily workflow for our BAs while any renaming and ability to delete baselines would be left for admins.
  • Patricia Stauffer
    edited January 2019
    I also have posted about this before, and I agree that creator permissions should allow baseline creation. I like Steve's idea of allowing Creators to create, but not edit or delete baselines.
    Patricia

BioFire Diagnostics
  • Julie Goodner
    edited January 2020
    Hi Steve,

My name is Julie Goodner and I'm one of the product managers here. I would like to update you that with the 8.45 cloud release, users with read/write permissions can now create baselines. They can also edit and delete the ones they have created.
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited February 2020
    @Steve, and @Patricia and @Johan

See Julies note above! 
  • Steve Kay
    edited February 2020
    Thanks @Julie, @Chloe!
    Steve Kay
    Principal Systems Test Architect
    Hologic - Breast Health