Notify reviewers item has been updated in active Review

John Sarafin
edited March 2018 in
Hi Jama Community;
When a moderator updates an item in an active review, there is no way for the reviewers or approvers to know the item has been updated.  The reviewer or approver can be commenting on an item that has already been updated.  Is it possible to have an icon of a pencil next to the name of the item or some type of notification to identify what items have already been edited in the active review?

Comments

• Robin Calhoun
    Robin Calhoun Product Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi John,

Good feedback. This is something we've debated while updating RC these past few months, so it's great to have your input. 

Some things we considered:
    1. Is it distracting to have the "edited" icon on items as your reading? Will it potentially cause participants to hesitate to give feedback until they see the updates, and slow the review?
      1. If yes, does trigger the moderator to publish updated revisions frequently to avoid this hesitation? That can cause all kind of churn if we're not careful! 
    2. To combat the hesitation in #1 -- Is it enough to have the pencil icon present while reading, AND then allow users in Review Center's Compare Mode to see the current item content compared to the latest (unpublished) content edits? 
    3. Is there ever a scenario where the moderator intended to review a past version of an item, and NOT the latest content?
    Any thoughts, reactions, or preferences are appreciated! 

• Juan Rapozo
    edited March 2018

Robin,

I work with John and we have discussed this feature request that has been submitted to us by our user community.  So I will respond and he can add later to this later when he can. I really do not think this icon will be distracting if compare mode is allowed to the users in the review. Reviewers/approvers can see the current item compared to the unpublished edits.  Then they can determine if further discussion or action is needed for approval of the item. On #3 I can't think of any reason why a moderator would want to review a past version of an item not the current.

Thanks

Juan

------Original Message------

Hi John,

Good feedback. This is something we've debated while updating RC these past few months, so it's great to have your input. 

Some things we considered:
    1. Is it distracting to have the "edited" icon on items as your reading? Will it potentially cause participants to hesitate to give feedback until they see the updates, and slow the review?
      1. If yes, does trigger the moderator to publish updated revisions frequently to avoid this hesitation? That can cause all kind of churn if we're not careful! 
    2. To combat the hesitation in #1 -- Is it enough to have the pencil icon present while reading, AND then allow users in Review Center's Compare Mode to see the current item content compared to the latest (unpublished) content edits? 
    3. Is there ever a scenario where the moderator intended to review a past version of an item, and NOT the latest content?
    Any thoughts, reactions, or preferences are appreciated! 

• Robin Calhoun
    Robin Calhoun Product Manager
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, Juan. That clarifies things quite a bit. I'll share your feedback with my team.
  • Juan Rapozo
    edited March 2018

Thank you.

------Original Message------

Thanks, Juan. That clarifies things quite a bit. I'll share your feedback with my team.
  • Gavin Ryan-Keenor
    Gavin Ryan-Keenor Business Analyst
    edited March 2018
    +1
    Our users would love to see this too.

When a new version of a review is created any updated items have an icon to show reviewers which items have been changed. In a similar way and as John has requested, we'd like to see an icon for items on a review that have since been updated - i.e. where the item being reviewed isn't the latest version.

For users with the appropriate access, if an icon was displayed they would be able to open the item to view latest details and could effectively review the latest item on the current review version (adding a comment to say what they've actually looked at then when a new version of the review is available they can easily see they've reviewed the latest item). For users without access, they can escalate to the moderator to get a new review version created.  Currently they are not aware that the item they are reviewing is not the latest version.