Defined ordering of Baselines in the Versions tab of an item

[Deleted User]
edited November 2019 in
Hi,

in Jama 8.42 finally the link between the version of an item and the baseline / review it is contained in, is visible in the versions tab. THANK YOU FOR THAT!
Unfortunately in case a version has been present in several baselines they are not in any specific order. My expectation would be that they are ordered chronologically, with latest baselines on top. This is especially important, as an item version may be contained in several baselines and as the current baseline typically contains the "valid" signature for today.

I hope that this can ben considered soon, as this would bring value to the feature for us.

Regards
Anna

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2019
    Hi Anna

I just spoke with our production team. Looks like at the moment, we are working on Baseline organization but not on reordering of a baselines. Just of the source it came from. So in the near future you will be able to reorganize and re-name the sources. I would encourage other users to still add to this. Hopefully this information helps you feel confident in the fact that we're moving in the direction you're describing.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2019
    Hi Godiva,

I am not sure if I was able to make my request clear enough. My request is not about organizing or reordering baselines, but about how the link to a baseline/review is displayed in the version tab of an item.
    Up to Jama  8.36 if a version of an item was present in a baseline, the version tab looked like this:

Since Jama 8.42 in the version tab of an item contains a link to the baseline and the review it is contained in (see the screenshot in my initial post). This is a major improvement! But: A common use case is that an item version is contained in more than one baseline. If we want to know who has signed the lateste version of this version, we need to open all baselines, evaluate manually, which one is the latest one and look for the signature. If the links to the baselines were ordered chronologically (by creation date of the baseline), it would be clear that one has to look into the topmost baseline to search for the currently valid signature.

I have participated in the interview regarding how the future of baselines could look like - and I am quite sure that this request is not covered yet (as it has nothing to do with manual reorganization or the baselines itself).

Please let me know if I was able to make my point clear enough.

Thank you,
    Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-11-2019 14:51
    Subject: Defined ordering of Baselines in the Versions tab of an item

Hi Anna

I just spoke with our production team. Looks like at the moment, we are working on Baseline organization but not on reordering of a baselines. Just of the source it came from. So in the near future you will be able to reorganize and re-name the sources. I would encourage other users to still add to this. Hopefully this information helps you feel confident in the fact that we're moving in the direction you're describing.

Godiva Hunt

Original Message:
    Sent: 11-11-2019 06:47
    Subject: Defined ordering of Baselines in the Versions tab of an item

Hi,

in Jama 8.42 finally the link between the version of an item and the baseline / review it is contained in, is visible in the versions tab. THANK YOU FOR THAT!
    Unfortunately in case a version has been present in several baselines they are not in any specific order. My expectation would be that they are ordered chronologically, with latest baselines on top. This is especially important, as an item version may be contained in several baselines and as the current baseline typically contains the "valid" signature for today.

I hope that this can ben considered soon, as this would bring value to the feature for us.

Regards
    Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team
    edited November 2019
    Anna:

As always, you are crystal clear. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us and our Product teams, keep it coming. We are happy you can see the improvement. Please stay a tuned in the Community, we have more improvements on Baselines coming. These improvements are made to build upon for more. We wish we had the ability to make it all happen at once (that would be wonderful) and we are working hard to work to keep bringing value to you.

Best,
  • Julie Goodner
    edited November 2019
    Hi Anna,

This is really helpful feedback. This isn't currently being looked at but I'm very interested to look into this more. 

Thank you,
  • Julie Goodner
    edited December 2019
    Hi Anna,

I wanted to update you on this feature request. We have updated the single item view's version widget to show the baseline/reviews in the order they were created (newest at the top). This update is being released with the 8.45 cloud release or the spring on-premise release.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Julie,

this is great news - adding the sorting criteria to the said view makes the feature valuable to us. We are looking out for the spring release!

Best,
    Anna