Restore function for deleted Test plan, test cycle and test run

Lien Bäcker
edited July 2019 in
Hi,

We notice, Jama does not have any mechanism to prevent users' fehler from unintendedly deleting test plan, test cycle with all test results.

Unfortunately that exactly just happened to us. A Tester has just accidentially deleted a test cycle with critical test result.

We are looking for the way to restore this test cycle with the assossicated test result. Parallel I would like to submit a Feature request:
Jama shall provide the restore function to deleted test plan, test cycle as well as test run.

Additionally a possible System lock for test plan and test cycle would be great to prevent such unintented deletion of testing result data.

Comments

• Alessandro Valli
    edited December 2020
    Hi all,

we have occasionally the same issue. My - only partial - solution is to baseline all that stuff.

About "make test run current" -> I have written a VTL report to show the content of all "involved" Test Runs : get Test Run -> get Test Case -> get all test Runs (deleted too). In such a way the user clicking by accident on "make test run current" can retrieve the deleted stuff (from field "actual result", e.g.).

Lien,
    why don't you submit the feature request? I am going to "like it".

Best regards,
    Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG