Run a velocity report via a REST API call

Neil Jansen
edited June 2018 in
Apologies if this has been posted before, I did a search and nothing came up.

I'd like to formally request a feature to be added.  We need the ability to run a Velocity Report via REST API call, via a PUT request.  We have enough reports to produce as part of our test reporting and verification package that this would make it considerably easier, faster, and less error-prone.

We're currently using version 8.14.3.  Has it been added to any recent versions that we're not using yet?

If not, is this feature on the roadmap at all?

Comments

• Anna Henke
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

is this possible by now or being considered? We have a similar request.

Thank you,
    Anna
  • Christian Binard
    edited February 2020
    +1
  • Sebastian Merz
    edited March 2021
    +1 from our side.
    And I am wondering why there is not at least some reply/comment from Jama officials. 
    Right now we are forced to carry over the velocity reports to be executed per python / REST Api calls because we need the reports to be executed automatically.
    Having the ability to directly run the velocity reports from Rest would be a huge improvement towards error-minimization, maintenance etc.
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited March 2021
    Sebastian:

Would you like to champion this idea in the Ideation module? I just quickly checked under the REST and Reporting categories and did not see this one reflected there. 

Best,
  • Anna Henke
    edited March 2021
    Hi Chloe,
    I remember that I already created this feature request in die old forum many years ago and that is been discussed there in a positive manner (aka that is is needed by customers).
    After the old forum was gone, the idea was submitted again in this forum under "Product Idea" - and is supported here as well.
    Why have such ideas not been carried over to the Ideation module? I personally don't have have list of my own feature requests to Jama, but I know quite well which ones I support(ed) when I read about them. But if the requests don't get carried over to new forums / moduls, then we are wasting a lot of time for good ideas like this one...
    Anna
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited March 2021
    Hi Anna:

Not all were carried over administratively. I did an analysis and carried over about fifteen of the most frequented requests which were commented on in the last year and carried those over administratively. Many need to be championed by a customer into the new module. And this is why we kept this Product Community open so that I could comment and encourage the movement over to the new forum.

I can say that the Product team looks at the new Ideation module, as well as the older posts in this product community. But we do encourage putting new ideas as well as any relevant ideas into the new Ideation module because it is a lot easier to; categorize, search and find the ideas there.