Rest APIs

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3
edited October 2019 in
Hi,

We have been using Jama REST APIs and we have reporting systems built on top of Rest APIs
The queries are taking a long time. Currently the data pull takes more than 2 hours everyday. When we call a REST API a lot of data comes back and we ONLY use a very small portion of that data. Is it possible to improve the performance by letting Jama REST API call know that we are ONLY interested in specific part of the response so that we can improve the response times?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kishore:

As you can see in the Documentation this is a purposeful decision to limit the amount of data you can GET per request with our REST API at this time. I do know, we have customers who have certain needs beyond this capabilities, as you have indicated in this post. Your use-case is helpful, thank you for sharing it here. I have relayed this post to the right Product team working on this opportunity, figuring out a way to improve this is of interest and is being deliberated as to the best method to do so. I will also change this post to a Product Idea to further catalog it with our team. 

Thank you,
  • Elizabeth Rosenberg
    Elizabeth Rosenberg Member, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI) Posts: 48
    edited November 2019
    Options
    +1. We made a similar request
    Elizabeth Rosenberg
    Alight Solutions
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Do you thread your API requests, or are they done serially? In my case I've noticed the latency is terrible (~0.5sec+ per call) on the Rest API, but the overall throughput is manageable. A typical project with ~3000 items can be fully retrieved in about 15-20sec on our instance. If you are aggregating a lot of material from a large number of projects it might still take a while..