Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

• 1.  Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 02-20-2020 06:26

Hello this is a comment from our users:

With the recent changes to the presentation of Contour test run execution, Is it possible to revert to the old operation of selecting the last check button, which automatically fills the entire table ?

For example,  if  I check  the Pass  Check icon,   Contour automatically fills the previous steps with the Pass check icon.

Thank you

------------------------------
    Vlada

• 2.  RE: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 02-20-2020 06:47
    Thanks Vlada:

We are currently researching in the Test Center area of Jama, I would like to invite you to do this Test Center Interest survey.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 02-20-2020 22:47

Hello Chloe,

Filled in. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how the survey is related to the required change (revert).

Vlada

• 4.  RE: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 03-12-2020 02:33
    When can we expect that the functionality is back?

Vlada

• 5.  RE: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 03-13-2020 03:16
    Hi Vlada,

I'm not running v8.48 but according to the release note: "You can now select multiple steps when executing a Test Run. "
    So I guess that you can workaround the loss of autocomplete by first selecting all steps; let us know.

FYI, other users are delighted with the auto-fill disabling (see https://community.jamasoftware.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441&CommunityKey=c9d20d4c-5bb6-4f19-92eb-e7cee0942d51&tab=digestviewer#bm529a7003-ec08-43f0-9eda-22cb6f19c441)
    Still, I do agree that this behavior could have been subject to customization.
    See my post, number 9: "... My proposal is then to add an option in the Test Case configuration to enabling/disabling the step auto fill. It would also be great to be able to customize the Step field name and related table headers."

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

• 6.  RE: Revert possibility to set test run status for all step via the last check button

Posted 03-13-2020 03:56
    Hello Christian & Thank you for your message.

Yes, I'm waiting for deployment of 8.48 later today to check if it this feature can be a workaround.

Nevertheless, I haven't read in release notes about change in the functionality. Also. I'm surprised that Jama hasn't commented this post.

Of course I agree with configuration option for this functionality and understand that it can be a problem for some users. For us it was a benefit.

Have a nice day & Take care

Vlada