Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Round Trip for Diagrams

• 1.  Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 03-22-2017 21:55
    Edited by Devang Sanghrajka 03-22-2017 21:56

Jama's in-built diagram editor looks very similar to draw.io. I presume you are using the same draw.io libraries.

However, we find that there is no way to import or export diagrams to/from the Jama diagram editor (unlike draw.io which can import/export in the standard SVG format). That limits its utility. For instance, we cannot export the diagrams and have other tools operate on them and re-import them into Jama. Can we request Jama to add the SVG import/export functionality to the diagram editor? My guess is that SVG import/export in Jama is going to be easy to implement because the draw.io library should already have the required support built in.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Devang Sanghrajka

• 2.  RE: Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 08-21-2019 07:22
    +1, looking for the ability to import diagrams (i.e. svg)

Sven Schmidberger
    Irdeto

• 3.  RE: Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 03-26-2020 01:09
    One more vote for this enhancement.

Anja
    Finland

• 4.  RE: Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 04-23-2020 10:20
    Highly needed function, please expand the feature of the round trip diagrams

Pasi Brusila
    KONE Corporation

• 5.  RE: Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 04-23-2020 14:23
    There is a workaround! If you're using the draw.io web app or program on your computer, click 'Extras/Edit Diagram'
    Then copy the xml in the jama editor. It's an older and/or restricted version of draw.io, so it's under 'File/Edit File'

Not sure why cut/paste from one to the other doesn't work. When you cut/paste between drawio you're just copying and pasting xml under the hood. Something a bit funky is happening with the draw.io integration in Jama to break this feature.

Jonah Caplan
    QNX

• 6.  RE: Round Trip for Diagrams

Posted 04-23-2020 14:25
    (or obviously vice versa if you want fancy stuff in the full featured draw.io. Usually I'm trying to import older diagrams previously done outside jama in draw.io)

Jonah Caplan
    QNX