Ability to Configure Fields in Relationships Widget

Jason Soares
edited May 2019 in
I am running Jama home instance 8.33.1
I would like the option of configuring some of the fields here, as in the other list views available in Jama. Short of this, I would like to see which project a requirement belongs to in this view. There are a lot of outside projects and most users can't tell them by the project ID (many don't actually know what the project ID is.)

Currently, one has to click on the "Visual Layout" to see which project each requirement belongs to, and that view doesn't have a lot information.

Comments

• Dominik Breddermann
    edited March 2022
    We agree with this request.
    Our main issue is to identify the location of the related items in the relationships widget. Although we have defined a naming convention for project and set key (contains project type, project short name, item type) we are in many situations not able to identify the location of the related items at a glance.
    Hence, it would be extremely helpful to provide the user with the ability to show and hide fields of the relationship widget views. Relevant properties are,e.g., item path, project name, set name. The set name becomes very important if there are several sets of the same type in one project - in this case it is not possible to manage the location information via the project ID naming convention.
    Dominik Breddermann

dSPACE GmbH
    33102 Paderborn
  • Juande Santander-Vela
    edited September 2023

I'm also interested in that. We would like to hide the ID/Project ID field, and show a custom field instead. Is there a way of doing that?

We're running Jama Connect 9.3.0 on an Enterprise license on the cloud.

------------------------------
    Juande Santander-Vela
    Joint ALMA Observatory
    Vitacura
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 05-17-2019 10:51
    Subject: Ability to Configure Fields in Relationships Widget

I am running Jama home instance 8.33.1
    I would like the option of configuring some of the fields here, as in the other list views available in Jama. Short of this, I would like to see which project a requirement belongs to in this view. There are a lot of outside projects and most users can't tell them by the project ID (many don't actually know what the project ID is.)

Currently, one has to click on the "Visual Layout" to see which project each requirement belongs to, and that view doesn't have a lot information.

Jason Soares

Viasat
    Juande Santander-Vela

Joint ALMA Observatory
    Alonso de Cordova 3107, Vitacura
    Chile