Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Create testplans from trace views

• 1.  Create testplans from trace views

Posted 08-09-2018 06:09
    Dear Jama-Team,

we would like to see a feature within Jama that enables us to send testcases from a trace view to a testplan.
    The use case is the following: We have a quite complex traceability for some of our projects. All of our artefacts, regardless of their type, share their corresponding backlog-item (synchronized from Jira) as a root item. In other words: For every backlog item we have (among others) the testcases that verify or validate of that said backlog item somewhere in the downstream items. Collecting those testcases manually is cumbersome, so it would be great if there was a way to send testcases that exist in a trace tree to a new or an already existing testplan.

Anna

------------------------------
    Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Create testplans from trace views

Posted 08-17-2018 13:55
    Thanks Anna.

I appreciate hearing about different flows through the system and options for greater efficiency. Our recent work to help move test content into reviews was in that same spirit, but I had not honestly thought of this option. Feels similar to adding relationships (we know some would like to remove relationships) and potentially looking into change request workflows.

Steve Gotsch
    Product Manager
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Create testplans from trace views

Posted 08-20-2018 10:09
    Hi @Steve -
    Could you say more about "change request workflows"? I think we might be interested in that but I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks,​

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 4.  RE: Create testplans from trace views

Posted 08-20-2018 09:58
    Hi Anna -
    My team would like to do something similar, and I was thinking about defining a filter to capture a list of the relevant test cases. The filter results can be dragged and dropped into the test plan as shown in the image below. Have you experimented with this? If you have I would like to hear about your experience - did you encounter any obstacles or learn any tricks that make the process easier.

By the way, I enjoy reading your posts. I often have similar questions.

Thanks,

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States