Tracking Number of Failures per Step Per Test Case and per Test Case

Eric Baerenrodt
edited August 2019 in
I would like to be able to track test failure quantity not only per test case but per step in that test case as well. With test cases that have multiple steps there is currently no good way to track how many times a step has failed or how many times the test case has failed. For the latter, the best way I've found is by creating a test cycle for every attempt and counting how many cycles gone through before the test passes but that is a far too bulky solution. Being able to track the failure rates of test cases and steps within test cases would be very helpful. Some sort of counter alongside the steps or in the test case would be nice and having this info in test plan status reports would be great too. A test passing is good and doesn't give pause but that's not the case if someone can see that it failed 99 times on one step before it passed.

I think this feature would be very helpful for assessing failure rates and in my opinion this information is as vital as knowing if the test passes or fails.

Thanks!