Send For Review option in list view

Options
Victor Cheung
Victor Cheung Member, Data Exchange Posts: 90
edited February 2017 in

Hello!

Just submitting our official request for having a "Send for Review" option under the Actions menu in the list view.  

While it's possible to create a review and pick individual items from there and also create a filter for selecting review items, we feel that having a "Send for Review" option under the Actions menu in the list view would be a more natural (also quicker) way to kick-off a review!

But the most important reason is, there is insufficient context information when selecting items from the review wizard.  You can only see the item names from the selection tool.  However, in the list view, we have much more information from the various field columns that we have chosen to display and this is necessary to make the proper selections for reviews.

Thank you!

------------------------------
Victor
------------------------------
victor

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 73
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    the Jama user manual states, that this is possible - see https://help.jamasoftware.com/ah/en/reviews-in-jama-connect/moderator-tasks/initiate-a-review.html
    In our instance 8.56.3 this does not work, as there is no option for sending items to review. Can anyone with a newer version confirm that this will be possible?
    Thank you,
    Anna
  • Kevin Steigerwald
    Kevin Steigerwald Jama Staff, Product Manager Moderator Posts: 14
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi Anna -- yes, as long as the content in your list view is scoped to a single project, you are able to send items to review from list view. (This screenshot is from the upcoming 8.65 release, but I believe this option has been in the application for a while now.)

Kevin Steigerwald
    Director of Product Design
    Jama Software
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi Kevin,
    nope, it's definately not available in our 8.56 ... I opened a ticket with support to see whats going on, as they also stated that it should be available.
    Regards
    Anna
  • Kevin Steigerwald
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Correct -- sorry for the confusion, but I was just answering your question that it is possible in newer versions.
    Kevin Steigerwald
    Jama Software
  • Kevin Steigerwald
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Kevin Steigerwald
    Jama Software
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi Kevin,
    can you bring a little light into how the help-documents are organized then for on-premise customers? If I click on the Help-Button in our self-hostet Jama instance (8.56.3) it takes me to a documentation residing on our server (not to the online-help accessible at help.jamasoftware.com, but <ourJamaUrl/help/ah/en/collaborate/reviews/moderator/initiate-a-review.html) and this documentation clearly states that it is possible... shouldn't the help pages for a specific version describe that version - and not the features of a future version?
    Thank you,
    Anna

Hello!

Just submitting our official request for having a "Send for Review" option under the Actions menu in the list view.  

While it's possible to create a review and pick individual items from there and also create a filter for selecting review items, we feel that having a "Send for Review" option under the Actions menu in the list view would be a more natural (also quicker) way to kick-off a review!

But the most important reason is, there is insufficient context information when selecting items from the review wizard.  You can only see the item names from the selection tool.  However, in the list view, we have much more information from the various field columns that we have chosen to display and this is necessary to make the proper selections for reviews.

Thank you!

• Kevin Steigerwald
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sure thing. I checked in with our documentation team and looked through the old work logs around this issue to better understand what's happening.

First to answer the question on how documentation is organized for on-premise customers
    • The help docs are bundled along with that specific release version, and are not edited by future updates (unless as needed as part of a patch release).
    • Changes made to the public help.jamasoftware.com site are updated with each cloud release, so those may get ahead of previous self-hosted releases -- but again you should never see new content from the public help docs end up in your bundled, self-hosted docs
    So what appears to have happened in this situation:
    • The help docs for 8.56.3 incorrectly stated that the feature worked from list view. It's likely that this happened as a result of the feature actually being made available in the cloud with the 8.59 release, which was released a week before the 8.56.3 release. And when the docs were updated to include information associated with 8.56.3 changes, this feature was inadvertently included.
    I'll be sure to bring this to the attention of the teams involved. And again, I apologize for the confusion.
    Kevin Steigerwald
    Jama Software
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Thank you, Kevin, for clarifying this!
    Regards
    Anna