Display stack trace of broken Velocity reports in the generated document

Anna Henke
edited January 2020 in
Hi,

a recent post reminded me on an old feature request we had.
It would enhance report development a lot, if errors because of broken velocity reports would not only be logged to the contour.log, but populated to the generated document. Currently only a message is displayed with no hint to where and which error occured.
I currently work aournd it by tailing the contour log in shell window, but this requires access to the server.
Another way is using the log viewer in the root area of Jama - which not necessarily everyone has.

Anna

Comments

• Lien Bäcker
    edited January 2020

Hi,

This feature could be very useful for our report development too. So +1 from us.

Thanks

Lien

------Original Message------

Hi,

a recent post reminded me on an old feature request we had.
    It would enhance report development a lot, if errors because of broken velocity reports would not only be logged to the contour.log, but populated to the generated document. Currently only a message is displayed with no hint to where and which error occured.
    I currently work aournd it by tailing the contour log in shell window, but this requires access to the server.
    Another way is using the log viewer in the root area of Jama - which not necessarily everyone has.

Anna
  • Alessandro Valli
    edited January 2020
    +1 from us too
    Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG
  • Markus Breugst
    edited February 2020
    I would also appreciate this feature. It would really save a lot of time when creating/updating reports.

+1 from me