Find and Replace

John Allison
edited August 2019 in
Looking around, it looks like the first request for Find and Replace was made sometime in 2015. I'd like to follow up with another request to offer users the ability to do a "find and replace" for text that are in text fields, rich text fields, and etc.

We are using Jama to build a requirements document that when completed will be 1000+ pages and it contains huge amount of text. I plan on duplicating this for another project in the future, and as of right now, I'll have to use one of the workarounds such as export/import into/from excel, or go in an touch each item that has the old system name to replace with the new system name.

I'd argue that find and replace is something that one would simple "expect" to be in a product like Jama, and shocked to find out that it doesn't exist. As the Jama advocate in our company, I was embarrassed to tell a co-worker that it doesn't exist when she asked. Until she asked, I had no idea that something so basic didn't exist, as I had assumed it was just there and would be there when I needed to use that feature.

Comments

• Cynthia Weber
    edited August 2019
    This is a feature that I would very much like to have.
  • Rebecca Street
    edited August 2019
    +1 - we would love this feature.
  • Karen Dorsch
    edited August 2019

Yes this would be a good feature.

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.

------Original Message------

+1 - we would love this feature.
  • Sven Schmidberger
    edited August 2019
    +1