Add Location to Embedded Filter

Options
Matt Hawkins
Matt Hawkins Member, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI) Posts: 21
edited December 2018 in
We write multiple test protocols for a particular type of test case.  Say, one set of electrical tests for each PCBA in a system.  We would like to filter defects based on upstream items being in a particular location in the tree.  Therefore we could limit defects to a particular system component when doing reviews with design teams or evaluating regression plans.

Shows the Embedded Filter Dialog box spawned from the Edit Filter Dialog box.  Points to the Test Case Type drop down requesting the ability to add the "location" field to the available selections.
Matt

RBC Medical Innovations

Comments

• Bolling Starke
    Bolling Starke Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2019
    Options
    GIANT +1. I just came to the community to submit this very request! I do not see any reason why the fields available in the embedded filters should not not be consistent with the fields available from the main filter window.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 29
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good luck getting any traction with this request. I've been banging on about the deficiencies of embedded filters for a good long time now. I made this specific request back in 2017: Add "Location" to Embedded Filter

As long as I'm back on this quixotic mission, I might as well return to what I think the real solution should be: Should be able to nest Filters

Seriously: I wish you the best of luck with this!
  • Lien Bäcker
    Lien Bäcker Member, Data Exchange, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI) Posts: 84
    edited January 2019
    Options
    a Vote from us also. We definitively WANT this Feature. How is the stand of this Feature at Jama internal Rating?
    Lien Bäcker
  • Matt Hawkins
    Matt Hawkins Member, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI) Posts: 21
    edited January 2019
    Options
    +1 for Nested Filters!  A much more useful generalization than what I came up with.  Let's go with nested filters JAMA.
    Matt

RBC Medical Innovations
  • Bridget Dowling
    Bridget Dowling Member, Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Also meeting loads of roadblocks due to the lack of "location" in the embedded filters list.
    Would love to see this enhancement considered.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited June 2020
    Options
    +1 ; Next to Location, also missing in embedded filters are "Release" and "Has Test Plan" / "Has NO Test Plan" in case of "Test Case" items.
    "Down/upstream item" is also missing but more explainable if willing to stay with only 2 levels of filtering.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Matt:

This is a popular idea, I would like to encourage you to repost it in our new ideation module where people can comment and vote on it. Using the new module for your ideas also opens it up to participation in our new process outlined here: Ideation Process

Here is a card in the new Ideation module which should be of interest and you could add comments and vote on. It qualified to be administratively moved over from an idea that @Ian originally had.

Nested filters 

I am going to add a link to this thread to it!

Best,

------------------------------
    Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 06-10-2020 00:17
    Subject: Add Location to Embedded Filter

+1 ; Next to Location, also missing in embedded filters are "Release" and "Has Test Plan" / "Has NO Test Plan" in case of "Test Case" items.
    "Down/upstream item" is also missing but more explainable if willing to stay with only 2 levels of filtering.

Christian Binard
    ON semiconductor
    Belgium

Original Message:
    Sent: 06-08-2020 07:25

Also meeting loads of roadblocks due to the lack of "location" in the embedded filters list.
    Would love to see this enhancement considered.

Bridget Dowling
    Analog Devices Int
    Limerick

Original Message:
    Sent: 12-20-2018 12:40

We write multiple test protocols for a particular type of test case.  Say, one set of electrical tests for each PCBA in a system.  We would like to filter defects based on upstream items being in a particular location in the tree.  Therefore we could limit defects to a particular system component when doing reviews with design teams or evaluating regression plans.

Shows the Embedded Filter Dialog box spawned from the Edit Filter Dialog box.  Points to the Test Case Type drop down requesting the ability to add the "location" field to the available selections.

Matt Hawkins
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Team Posts: 375
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hello everyone! Matt has converted this thread into a new Idea card in the new module, I encourage everyone to go to it and vote!

Add Location to Embedded Filter

Best,