Find test runs of a test case

Dajie Yang
edited February 2020 in
Hi,

I'm currently trying to find test runs of a test case through the Jama RESTful API, but looks like there is no such link exist (i.e. from item to test runs).

I currently have to query all the test runs in order to find test runs of a test case, this becomes very painful considering the Jama API throttling.

Would you mind telling me if I'm doing this in the right way? Or if there exist an easier path for my purpose? Or if there is any plan to add such link.

Comments

• Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited February 2020
    Hi Dajie:

I am going to send you a link to how to our API Cookbook on how to execute Test through the Rest API. I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but, it does give some context around the Test Center and our API which you might find informative. 

https://dev.jamasoftware.com/cookbook/#executing-tests

Test Run Items

A Test Run Item can be thought of as an execution instance of a Test Case Item. They are created by the system when a Test Cycle is created inside a Test Plan, and they are updated with a status and actual results when executed. A Test Case could have many Test Runs associated with it. These cannot be created directly; this is the reason there is no POST in the /testruns REST endpoint.

Best,

• Dajie Yang
    edited February 2020
    Hi Chloe,

I've go through your API cookbook before posting, I know that a test run would be associated with test cycle and test plan, but that should not affect having a /item/{id}/testruns endpoint with GET method. It's kinda weird that I can only query from a test run to a test case, but not the other way around.

If this is a missing feature, please consider this post a feature request.
  • Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited February 2020
    Dajie:

I will change this thread to a Product Idea and tag it for the REST API, thank you.

Best,
  • Olaf Pluemecke
    edited March 2021
    Hello Chloe, 

our Testing team has great interest in this feature request. Do you have more information on this. Has this been implemented yet? If not, is it on the road map and can you provide a rough estimate for when this is going to be implemented?

• Andrew MacCormack
    edited March 2021
    Does this not give you what you want?

Andrew MacCormack

LumiraDX
  • Dajie Yang
    edited March 2021
    Hi Andrew,

You're the savior, I totally forgot the query parameters, huge thanks!-------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 03-08-2021 10:16
    Subject: Find test runs of a test case

Does this not give you what you want?
  • Olaf Pluemecke
    edited March 2021
    This looks promising, I'll forward it to our Testing Team! Thanks a million, Andrew :)