Mid-level administration

David Watkins
edited January 2020 in
I am running into some difficulties with a multi-national Jama project. Specifically, there are some projects which need to have greater control over a project than what a project admin provides, and there are other admin roles which would be great to have at the project only level. For example, the use of a Review Admin whose permissions are scoped to only one or two projects is very desiderable for an upcoming large project. Similarly, there are some relationship definitions which would be useful to modify to collaborate with external partners without having to go through a corporate org admin because the decision making is done at the project level. These capabilities are currently locked down due to the multi-national scenario in which we work.

I have noted more than two discussions on the topic but in different veins and with no outcome.  Where do things currently stand on this topic?

On my end, this is a huge frustration and will become a greater frustration as my company moves more and larger projects into Jama which cross national boundaries.  I would like to find a solution, not a workaround, before many more projects join so we can have greater administrative flexibility.

A few solutions that would satisfy are:
1) create mid-level administrative roles which are project specific,
2) give the org admin control to define new roles which can span one or more specific projects,
3) provide org admin control to configure the project admins rights within the project.

Perhaps there are other options of which I am unaware. I would appreciate hearing about them.
Thanks in advance for your feedback and help.

Comments

• Chloe Elliott
    Chloe Elliott Product Team
    edited January 2020
    Hi David:

Yes, I have been aware of a couple of conversations here in the Community about this subject as well. Thank you for giving further detail to your current situation and company needs as you scale. Let's open this conversation back up, shall we? I am going to do two things; reclassify this thread to a Product Idea and tag/classify this, and link the applicable threads onto this Product Idea (food for thought). 

Is There a Mid level permissions available.....
    Manage Projects permissions should allow for unlocking items....
    Organ manager and admin

Best,
  • David Watkins
    edited January 2020
    Hi Chloe, thanks for the additional links.  The first two seem to touch directly on the topic I am pursuing.  Our company's internal group had made a request a while back on the topic, although I do not see it in the community.  I suppose this may be the better path to get the appropriate attention and will let them know.
    Thanks again for your help and attention,
  • David Watkins
    edited February 2020
    Hi Chloe,
    Are there any architectural considerations that would prevent or make it difficult enough to impede implementing this?
    Let me know.
    Thanks,