Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Creating a Test Plan and other test artifacts for each project

• 1.  Creating a Test Plan and other test artifacts for each project

Posted 02-08-2018 10:07

I may have seen something similar mentioned before, but I have the need to be able to create Test Plan item (tables) and the other test artifacts for each project. In my environment, projects are standalone entities, with the JAMA instance on a single server. Access to JAMA projects is controlled by user group, but there are occasions where a user may belong to more than one group. Some of my internal customers are not real happy with their test data mixed with other projects. Also, some of the test plans need additional fields like test method or development spiral which makes it simple to filter data. I'm aware that I could add that data in the 'Contents' rich text field on the Test Plans, but I have never found filtering on a rich text field usable.

Will the ability to create a Test Plan and the other test artifacts for each project a likely in the future?

------------------------------
    Ron Cobble CBPA
    US Army - HQ AMC, G-3/4, Enterprise Capabilities Integration Directorate (formerly LAISO Lead AMC Integration Support Office)

• 2.  RE: Creating a Test Plan and other test artifacts for each project

Posted 02-08-2018 12:41
    Hi Ron,
    Sorry to hear about the frustrations with the Test Center. If I am understanding correctly part of the issue is that you need/want to add custom fields to a test plan. This is possible if you follow the steps in the 1st picture.
    Navigate to Amin > Item types > Test Plan > Config

Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Creating a Test Plan and other test artifacts for each project

Posted 06-18-2018 15:10
    I have responded to other threads on this topic, and I am going to respond again here because the current implementation presents a significant barrier to us.
    We have a need for multiple versions of Test Plan and Test Run in a singe Jama instance. We have multiple test teams (software, compliance, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc) that always operate concurrently, and they want to track different data (ie, create different custom fields) for Test Plan and Test Run. ​We would like to be able to filter on some of the data, and filtering on the Description field requires more work than filtering on fields. I would like to see these issues addressed in the Test Management roadmap.

Thanks,

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA