Visualizing Test Case fields in the 'Test Cases' view

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 8
edited December 2020 in
We use Jama primarily as a Test Management tool for manual testing and therefore we would like to see improvements in this area.

Proposed enhancement: Currently, it is not possible to view Test Case fields in the 'Test Cases' view or search/filter/sort by a specific field. This could greatly help ensure that Test Cases have been properly allocated to Test Groups (see image below).

Note: In general, the options for managing/visualizing Tests Cases in this window are very limited.

------------------------------
Raul Gomez
------------------------------

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We have the same issue. It's also impractical to check that a Test Case is allocated to a Test Plan.
    You can create a filter: "Test Case Status = Not Scheduled" but this does not make the difference between Test Case in no Test Plan (=work is planed) or in no Test Cycle (= work is started).
    You can create a filter: "Has test Run in Test Plan X" but that would (I could not make this filter work, BUG?) work only after allocation to a Test Cycle (what creates a Test Run item).
    To filter Test Case not allocated in a Test Plan, one could try to do "(Test Case Status = Not Scheduled) AND None (Has test Run in Test Plan = all tests)". I was not able to check this: "Has test Run in Test Plan X" looks like not working and I'm not sure a multi-selection of Test Plans is working (I can select, but can't be sure that the "Select Item (no s)" does the job).
    (0) Please make customizable fields columns in Test Case view.
    (1)  Fix the " in Test Plan" filter,
    (2) a Filter "In Test Case" would be more than welcome.
    (3) It would be nice also if the Test Run widget would show "0" when a Test Case is allocated in a Test Plan and no number or "-" when not allocated.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Correction:
    (1) Fix the "Test Run in Test Plan" filter,
    (2) a Filter "Test Case in Test Plan" would be more than welcome
    I've mirrored this request in Jama Ideation, please reply in that page.
    Raul, thanks for voting for the idea in Ideation page
    https://community.jamasoftware.com/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=253ba504-eeb9-4348-ba68-1b9156bb3605
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Product Manager Posts: 35
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Raul,

Question on this - which fields are you hoping to show in the Test Case view? Is it always the same fields, or would it differ by users/teams?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Robin, at our side we would like to have the same columns customization as in List View "Show/Hide fields".
    Thanks
    Christian
  • Andrew MacCormack
    Andrew MacCormack Member, Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 55
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I would like at least to have the test case ID shown as well as/rather than the test case title. It would be very useful to be able to search in existing test groups for a test case by ID or otherwise also
    Andrew MacCormack

LumiraDX
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 8
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delayed reply (I may have missed the email notification...)

We would like to be able to add a 'custom' field that we use to allocate test cases to products/components (please note that a custom field would allow each customer to use their own criteria for filtering/sorting test cases).

Ideally, we would like to have the same columns customization as in List View "Show/Hide fields", that is built-in fields (ID, Name, etc.) and custom fields.

Thanks,
    Raul.-