Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

• 1.  Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

Posted 08-09-2018 17:22
    Hi -
    I wanted to change the name of a Test Cycle so I opened it for editing. Afterward saving the change I noticed that the Test Run (there was only 1 in my cycle) had a different ID, all the custom fields I had filled out were cleared, and the relationships I had created between the Test Run and custom item types had been removed. I'm guessing this is expected behavior, but it would be nice to receive a warning before any test data is deleted. Has such behavior already been requested?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 2.  RE: Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

Posted 08-10-2018 00:09
    Theresa,

actually I would absolutely NOT expect this to happen... I checked the use case on our installation (On Premise, 8.25.1) and was luckily not able to reproduce this.
    It is a common user case for us to edit test cycles after their corresponding test runs have been executed and I would always expect the testruns, which are contained, to remain untouched.

On which version of Jama are you on?

Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 3.  RE: Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

Posted 08-10-2018 05:03
    I edited test cycles to change the name and extraneous test cases entered the 2nd and 3rd test cycles.

Cynthia Weber
    Software Test Lead
    ProQuest LLC
    Ann Arbor, MI

• 4.  RE: Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

Posted 08-13-2018 16:28
    Hi Anna -
    Thanks for checking in.
    I'm using 8.25.
    Other details to note
        - the Test Run status was "Not Run." (We're just starting to use Jama and so I'm experimenting with a lot of sample data).
        - the Test Run was not locked.

When you edit your Test Cycles, what's the run and lock status of your Test Runs?

Thanks,

Theresa Soares
    Verification and Validation Engineer III, System Verification
    FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc.
    theresa.soares@fujifilm.com
    www.sonosite.com

425.442.1523 mobile

NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable export regulations.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.

• 5.  RE: Editing Test Cycle deletes existing Test Runs

Posted 08-13-2018 17:12
    Hi Anna -
    I just re-read your post and I missed some key details (you edit the Test Cycle after the Test Runs have been executed) - sorry.
    I experimented and it looks like the Test Runs are only deleted if the status is "Not Run". So no execution data is lost.

Thanks,

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States