Multiple URLs

Jack Qiu
edited December 2019 in
I would like the option to have multiple URLs in a field. The URL field type only allows one URL, and the text box does not make the links URLs clickable.
Jack

Comments

• Godiva Hunt
    edited December 2019
    Hi Jack

This is indeed a Product Idea, as you can only add one URL in each URL field and text boxes and text fields don't support URLs. I'd like to provide some workarounds, though. These all require a user with Admin permissions:
    • You can add as many URL fields as needed when you navigate to Admin > Item Type > Fields. You would add them as a custom field. This would be impossible though for any user to add an amount of links larger than the amount of URL fields.
    • An option that would give a non admin user more control would be to have an admin navigate to Admin > Item Type > Edit. From there they can make the Links widget visible. After that, any user with editing rights can add as many links as they want.
    • My last workaround would be to create a text field that supports Rich Text Fields and Rich Text Editing by going to Admin > Item Types > Fields. Either double click on a pre-existing text box or create a custom text box field, then select Rich Text in the Text Component's drop down picklist. After you've saved the rich text field, and user with editing rights can add as many urls as they'd like in the new Rich Text Field with the Insert/Edit Link option at the top of the edit item window.
    Thank you