Round Trip Import - Test RUNS?

Jennifer Leitch
edited July 2016 in
I've been looking but can't find it, so maybe I'm missing it :) Anyway, I'd like the ability to do a round trip export of test RUNS (which is possible), but, I want the ability to round trip IMPORT the updated runs.

For me, my use case would be that I have a user that accidentally "make test runs current" for a nearly completed test cycle, which wiped out 60 test runs that were complete, on a project that is nearly ready to deploy. We want to RT those out and quickly update with the old data, and RT those back in.

Or maybe we just want to batch assign the cases via RT. Or anything. If you can RT export, it would be nice to RT import :)

I think I saw an idea too that would allow "undo" of "Make Current" for test runs. I'm going to go find that and like it.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Bob Dilly
    edited April 2016
    I think I've raised it several times.  A chunk of our suite is automated and I'm on the cusp of resorting to the API.

We were pretty let down after seeing the Round-Trp Export ... and then discovering that it can't be imported.

We would likely use it on virtually every test cycle.
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    Hey Jennifer! As I eat my salad for lunch, I am jealous of your breakfast baklava ;) 
    As Bob said, this is something he's brought up before (although I don't think on the community anywhere). So, no you're definitely not missing anything.
    In most cases the suggestions are to use the API for this sort of thing, but I completely agree on the Round trip thing...if you can export it, you would think you could import it.
  • Jennifer Leitch
    edited June 2016
    It was delicious breakfast baklava :D I followed it with brownies and cupcakes. I figure after the year I've had, I deserve alllllll the yummies! 
  • Kristina King
    edited June 2016
    I 100% agree. I think you deserve yummies FOR LIFE!