Is there anyway to "deflate" Coverage Reports before returning them?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3
edited September 2016 in
The Coverage Report file coming out of Jama was 7.8 MB. It zipped down to 595 KB. When I "Saved As” the file in Excel to a new name, it was 747 KB. It would be much more beneficial if the files were deflated before they were passed to my download folder (security limits, etc.).

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 161
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Gus, there is no configuration option to deflate an Coverage Explorer exported Excel directly by a user, project manager, or org admin. This is probably something that Jama will need to look at. I found this interesting thread that Jama can consider: http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/530078-can-you-deflate-excel-files.html swoo
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Gus, thanks for bringing this up. I'm going to change this thread to an Idea so that we can consider it as an improvement to make. Swoo is correct—there isn't a way to deflate them before they're exported. We're using a third-party component, Aspose, to render the reports, but I'm not sure how much control we have over its functionality (or if we are even on the latest version). This is definitely something we've been talking about, so I appreciate knowing this real-world pain.