Product

View Only
  • 1.  Spell Check Right-Click Behavior

Posted 02-02-2022 12:58
    I'd like to bring up the topic of spell check in the RTE. The current behavior results in a "Paste" pop-up when you right click on a word for spell check. This is opposite the behavior in normal text fields in Jama or just about any other application with built in spell check. It was very frustrating. 

The right click in a text field already has a paste option along with spelling suggestions:

I know the answer is to do cmd/ctrl-right click in the RTE, but I only discovered that by finding this old post in the discussion forums.  I could not find an answer in the normal help guide. It was not intuitive.

I would recommend one of the following:
    1) Change the RTE behavior to have normal right click spelling functionality with spelling and paste options
    2) Add some text to the existing Paste pop-up that says "Cmd/Ctrl Right Click for Spell Check" or "Cmd/Ctrl Right Click for More Options"
    3) Adding information about this spell check issue to the help manual which comes up when you search for "spell" or "spelling", so people are more likely to find it

------------------------------
    Ted Lester
    REGENT
    Burlington MA

• 2.  RE: Spell Check Right-Click Behavior

Posted 02-02-2022 15:09
    @Ted Lester, I just double checked and didn't see this idea in the new Ideation module.

As background, Ideation cards highlight user feedback to our Product Team for review and consideration against other Product Roadmap items, and enables a method for other customers/users to weigh in and adds their response(s) to submitted Ideation cards (you can also review our Product Idea Process in the Ideation Module here).

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Spell Check Right-Click Behavior

Posted 02-03-2022 06:12
    @Chloe Elliott So are you going to create an ideation card or is that something that I have to do? I figured this Product Discussion forum was the right place to suggest something. If not, the description of this forum should be updated. ​

Ted Lester
    REGENT
    Burlington MA

• 4.  RE: Spell Check Right-Click Behavior

Posted 20 days ago
    I have the same complaint and didn't find an Ideation Card so I created one here:

https://community.jamasoftware.com/idea/allow-spelling-corrections-with-right-click-when-editing-not-ctrl-right-click

Please vote for it if you get to this thread.

Andrew Collins
    Renton WA