Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Prohibit Test Execution of Test Cases NOT in the Approved State?

• 1.  Prohibit Test Execution of Test Cases NOT in the Approved State?

Posted 09-15-2020 15:02
    Edited by Decoteau Wilkerson 09-15-2020 15:52
    Hello,
    Anyone have a solution to prevent the execution of Test Cases that are not in the approved state. We have been dinged for doing this by the FDA in a previous audit. We were able to set this rule in another tool we used, but I cannot see a way to do this in Jama. Does anyone know of a way to prevent the users from executing test cases that have not been approved or some kind of workaround?

Thanks
    Jason

------------------------------
    Jason Barton
    VMS
    Palo Alto CA

• 2.  RE: Prohibit Test Execution of Test Cases NOT in the Approved State?

Posted 09-16-2020 12:25
    Hi Jason,

We may not have exactly what you're looking for but I'd like to offer some alternative options:

I don't think we have exactly what you're looking for but we do have some potential options to consider:
    • Create a filter for only Approved Test Cases and then drag that into the Test Plan to bring in the correct Test Cases. Note, you will have to create the filter outside of the Test Center but once created, you can drag it from here:

and/or

• There was a new feature added in 8.53 allowing users to configure custom fields to appear when executing a Test Run - add fields to the Test Run item type to have access to them when executing a Test Run. In the Test Runs View, ensure the Approved status field is displayed for all cycles of the Test Plan. This could allow the Approved or not status field to show up on the Test Execution view (and hopefully give greater visibility.)
    Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Prohibit Test Execution of Test Cases NOT in the Approved State?

Posted 7 days ago
    Edited by Decoteau Wilkerson 7 days ago
    Decoteau,
    Hello. I had finally gotten back to trying to implement one of these solutions you provided.  For the 2nd option provided, you mentioned "In the Test Runs View, ensure the Approved status field is displayed for all cycles of the Test Plan". I am not sure I follow this entirely. Can I list the Status of the Test Case on the Test Run? Can you elaborate on how that works? From the link you provided regarding the new feature, I see I can add custom fields, but I do not see how I can add a field from another item type (i.e. the 'Verification Status' of the associated test case)

Jason Barton
    VMS
    Palo Alto CA