Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Update Heading in Filter - Parent->Downstream Items

• 1.  Update Heading in Filter - Parent->Downstream Items

Posted 11 days ago
    I'm new to JAMA and need to produce a Requirements Document that is easy to follow and is ordered by its hierarchy.  But in the view, I cannot change content in the "Heading" column so when the Word export is used, all of the User Story items appear first, followed by the Acceptance Criteria. This makes the export a difficult Requirements document to follow.  I would like to export it by Parent, then children, etc.... format so that the User Story is followed by its downstream Acceptance Criteria.  Is there a way to do this?  I've looked through this forum and couldn't find a straightforward answer. If there is one, please point me in the right direction.

Here's a screen capture of what I'd like:
    xhqnTOKHRTuhtDb97pLs_ISSUE - Ordering in View for Requirements Report 7 Nov 2018.png

------------------------------
    John Rasinske
    Covance
    Durham NC

• 2.  RE: Update Heading in Filter - Parent->Downstream Items

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi John:

I am assuming here that you are utilizing the default Export to Word functionality and that you are not making your own Custom Mail Merge Templates and/or BIRT and/or Velocity reports?

If so, here are a few resources for you to look at:

Custom Word Template Guide
    Example of Mail Merge Thread in Community
    Another Example of data being exported from several linked components and different item types

We have different options for reporting depending on your needs here is an article outlining the options: Differences Between Office Template Exports and Reports

And here is a link to the videos about Advanced Reporting and Office Exports.

John, take a look at these links and let me know, I would start with the videos on Office Exports first!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR