Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Split an review/ duplicate a review

• 1.  Split an review/ duplicate a review

Posted 01-10-2019 04:23
    Hi community,
    do you know if it is possible to split a review or move the comments of several items to another review?
    Here is my use-case:
    We have a set of system requirements and all the items are part of a review.
    Lets sys we have the following structure:
    During the review several comments are made and we decide to move the chapter Mechanical to another location and even change the item type to System Architecture Requirements:

All the comments made to Req 5 are still present in the review (which is good *g*), but now we want to finish the review to release the System Requirements (and the architecture requirements includign Req 5 will be released later).

So is there any possibility to extract the comments of Req 5 out of the first review?

I hope you understand my problem - it is not a big issue but any help is welcome.

------------------------------
    Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 2.  RE: Split an review/ duplicate a review

Posted 01-15-2019 01:55
    Update:
    My initial post is a bit wrong: once you publish the new review revision, all items that are not contained in the original Set of xy (in our case req 5 moved from System to System Architecture type) will be removed from the review.
    This means that all comments that concern these are only kept in the early revision of the review. I undestand this behavior but it strengthens my wish for a duplicate/split review. Or just pin the review comments on the items- although I know this means a lot of database refactoring.

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 3.  RE: Split an review/ duplicate a review

Posted 01-17-2019 10:01
    Sebastian:

I know this isn't exactly what you are wanting but, I would suggest looking at our report templates we have available.
    There are several which capture Review Center information.

I would look at the Review Center Comments report. You could capture these comments in a report and then import them as an item in Jama.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR