Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Premission to 'Add Baseline'

• 1.  Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 09-14-2016 13:21

It seems that a user can create a new baseline only if he has 'Mange Project' permission (or is Admin).

A user who has create permission within a project does not get the 'Add Baseline' button on the Baseline tab.

Is this the expected behavior of Jama? Or is there any setting to allow all users to create a new baseline?

Same goes for Releases. Users do not get the 'Add Release' button on the Releases tab unless they are 'Admin' or have 'Manage Project' permission for a project.

• 2.  Re: Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 09-14-2016 16:57
    Hi Vikas, A project admin is the role that can create/manage baselines and releases. You have made the correct observations. swoo

• 3.  Re: Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 09-15-2016 12:54

Hi swoo,

Thanks for the feedback! This is not good though. We cannot assign project admin rights to a user just to enable him to manage his baselines. Also the baseline view becomes quite messy with all those baselines which are created automatically for each review.

• 4.  RE: Re: Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 11 days ago
    I just wanted to see if I could reopen this topic, because it would be great to have people who are working in projects be able to set baselines for their own documents rather than needing to contact a project manager.

If this isn't a possibility, is there a rationale as to why only project manager personnel can set baselines? This might help me to understand the intended process better.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Patricia
    BFDX

• 5.  RE: Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi everyone,

we struggle with this too, because we have to enable the bunch of project configuration permissions to many users, who just need the "create baselines" one. I'm not sure if there is an existing feature request for it, if there is one we would vote for it.

Thanks and regards

Ekaterina

• 6.  RE: Premission to 'Add Baseline'

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Patrica and Ekaterina:

Yes, making a Feature Request would be a great idea to get your use-case viewable in the right forum. I haven't seen a thread about this particular permission before, so it would be a good one for the two of you to start.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software