Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to download a Word Template Reference Guide

• 1.  Unable to download a Word Template Reference Guide

Posted 08-13-2018 04:32
    Good afternoon.

When I download a Word Template Reference Guide, it looks like it's working up until Word opens and I'm faced with a document named "login.req" containing a partial Jama login screen (see below; the Username box is missing).  This also happened when I asked my colleague to try downloading a copy. I'm an Organisation Admin, he has Creator permissions.

Can anyone suggest a fix and/or reason for this behaviour?

Screenshot of what should be a Word Template Reference Guide:
    Image showing the document downloaded instead of the expected template.

------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Unable to download a Word Template Reference Guide

Posted 8 days ago
    One of my users just reported this problem as well. The only time this happens is when we use IE 11.
    Chrome and Firefox work fine.

I've found it doesn't work in IE when we click Generate Word Template Reference Guide. IE starts the download and then gives the 3 standard options, Open Download or Cancel. If you click Open, you then get the document, but it has the login page within that document. If you click save, it saves it to download, and the reference guide opens normally.

Any thoughts on this behavior?

Josh R
    Plexus
    Neenah WI

• 3.  RE: Unable to download a Word Template Reference Guide

Posted 8 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 8 days ago
    Josh:

Yes, this appears to be a bug with Internet Explorer 11 and in MS Edge browsers. The workaround is as you have stated, click on Save and the reference guide will open. In other browsers this is not a problem.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR