Support

View Only
  • 1.  Relationship between items in different projects

Posted 11-30-2021 00:59
    Hi,

We are trying to establish a relationship between specific items in two different projects, but it does not seem to be possible.

In the first project we have a Requirement that we want to link to a Verification in a second project. The meta models for both projects have the relationship type Verified by between Requirement and Verification.

We don't have any problems linking between requirements in different projects.

Jama support hasn't been able to provide us with an answer to whether or not we are doing something wrong or there is a limitation in Jama.

I hope some of you have experience with the problem / has the solution.

FYI, we are self-hosted and run Jama connect 8.56.1

------------------------------
    Jacob Brodal
    Systems Engineer
    3Shape A/S

• 2.  RE: Relationship between items in different projects

Posted 11-30-2021 02:54
    Hi Jacob,

we are establishing relationships between different projects. In our case we have also different relationship rulesets for the projects.

To let the relationship setting work - if I remember correctly - we have set "Allow any item type not mentioned in this rule set to be related to any item type including those in the rule set" in both relationship rulesets AND we have included the relationship rules of the target project ruleset to that of the source ruleset.

I hope it helps,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 3.  RE: Relationship between items in different projects

Posted 11-30-2021 04:02
    Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your suggestion. I just tried to enable it in both projects, but it did not make any difference.

As a side note, we don't generally have issues with linking between items in different projects. It's only with this one (Req -> Ver).

I get this error:

Jacob Brodal
    3Shape

• 4.  RE: Relationship between items in different projects

Posted 11-30-2021 04:41
    Hi Jacob,
    it sounds something went wrong with rulesets and/or relationships.
    I would perform a clean up, a full reindexing and restart the system. In case the error persisting I would start by deleting and setting again the applied ruleset.
    In case you having direct access to the database, just check the related records for consistency
    Best,
    Alessandro

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 5.  RE: Relationship between items in different projects

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Alessandro,

After Jama spend some time looking into the issue, we found the problem.

Apparently our version of Jama has a bug causing this. We are now looking into upgrading.

Thank you for your input!

Jacob Brodal
    3Shape