Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Workflows and System Locks

• 1.  Workflows and System Locks

Posted 08-24-2018 00:30
    Edited by Matt Erickson 08-24-2018 00:34
    I have a Set of Requirements.

In that Set there are requirements and Text Item Types.

I can use workflows to system lock the requirements but not the Text. Is this never going to possible? Last issue on this topic is 3 years ago.

At the end of the day I'm trying to get to a state where I have a set that contains Requirement Item Types and another Item Type that contains a Name and Description field that can be system locked.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Workflows and System Locks

Posted 08-27-2018 20:55
    Hello Matt,
    You are correct, sets can only contain the same item type and text items, as you know the latter cannot be assigned to a workflow. There is nothing on the roadmap to change this. Text items are a unique item. Some rules apply to them but some don't. They don't abide by the same rules that other item types do (they can be used as part of a mixed item set, unlike any other Type) yet aren't designed to be full-featured. Their design is supposed to be flexible. Apologies for any frustrations this might be causing.

------------------------------
    Dana Medhaug
    Technical Support Engineer
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Workflows and System Locks

Posted 07-09-2019 10:57
    I also struggle with this - it would be great to have the option to apply workflows to text items, as these items are part of what's considered "documentation" for us.

I have not come up with a good work around for not having a system-lock for text items.

Patricia
    BioFire Diagnostics

• 4.  RE: Workflows and System Locks

Posted 07-09-2019 18:26
    Patricia:

While you cannot make the default text item have workflows, you can create a new item-type which mirrors the fields in the "out of the box" text item-type, add a picklist to it (this triggers and informs the workflow process), configure the workflows in the admin panel and then then use this item as you would a Text item with workflows. You can even convert your old text item-types into the new "workflow" one.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR