Support

View Only
  • 1.  Relationships across projects

Posted 11 days ago
    Good day,
    I have the following question.

We use the Requirements and Test Case item types in more than 1 project.
    We now realized that users in the Sandbox project can link Test Cases to Requirements across projects and that we don't want to be possible. The Sandbox project is just a playground project, but the Requirements project is our main (production) project. We don't want users (although they have access to both projects) to be able to link Requirements and Test Cases across projects. Is this configurable? 

Question: How can I restrict users that have access to the Sandbox project and Main Requirements project to only be able to link requirements and test cases in the Sandbox project to each other and not across projects?

------------------------------
    Ursula Badenhorst
    Indulec cc

• 2.  RE: Relationships across projects

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Ursula,

I have a similar use case. For two specific projects I do not want the users to relate items between projects. On the other way round I want to enable users relating items between other projects.
    AFAIK you do not have the possibility to set such limitations.

My solution is to train and advice users not to set such relationships. In addition I have a specific report that I run regularly just to check for specific violations to this internal rule.

Please go for a feature request, I am going to like it.

Best regards,
    Alessandro

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 3.  RE: Relationships across projects

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Alessandro,
    I totally agree with you. It would be great if this could be a configurable option. 
    I have not ever put in a feature request, but I will try to do so. 
    Thank you for your comment. 

Kind regards
    Ursula

Ursula Badenhorst
    Indulec cc

• 4.  RE: Relationships across projects

Posted 6 days ago

Thank you both for having this discussion on the Community. I agree with you both, I think many teams would benefit from a configuration option. This is a great insight for our Ideation module in the Community! This is a valuable space where we solicit and gather product feedback. We are using this space to add more focus to the Feature/Product requests and feedback from our users. Here is a helpful article detailing our Product Ideas Process. You can also review our Ideation Datasheet if you would like a breakdown of Jama's Product Idea submission process. 

Once submitted then others can vote and comment on the card, which informs the Product that many users would benefit from the idea. 

Amanda Jennewein She/Her
    Manager, Customer Support
    Jama Software
    Portland OR