1.  How to handle Relationship imports and exports

Posted 20 days ago
A lot of our requirements are same across product families, so we created a Common Requirements Set. It contains the CRS and SRS sections. We also like to add tractability between CRS and SRS requirements.

We created individual projects which "reuse" requirements from the common CRS and SRS requirements.

I have some questions about the reused requirements

When a common requirement is reused in specific project, then will it have have different Id? Is there a way to keep the Id same for a common reused requirement ?

We established relationship between common CRS and SRS project requirements. When we reuse these requirements in the specific project, how will the relationship be reflected ? We would like it to show relation between specific CRS and SRS.

Is there a "best practices" document on how to manage relationship ?

Ajit Belsarkar

2.  RE: How to handle Relationship imports and exports

Posted 19 days ago
Edited by Carmen Santos 19 days ago
Hi Ajit,

Reused items may share the global ID (as long as they're in sync) however, item IDs are not shared.
IDs are generated according to the new set's key and get a number based on the destination items' count. For the reused item to have the same ID, the destination set needs to have the same Set Key AND the same number of items.

Regarding reuse items with relationships, during reuse you can choose one of three options :

2. Include relationships from the source selection (relates and syncs the reused item AND copy relationships)

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. We also have a Help Guide section on Relationships Management you may find useful.

Carmen Santos
Jama Software

3.  RE: How to handle Relationship imports and exports

Posted 13 days ago
​Hi there,

On the same topic, can someone tell me please how to achieve the following in a word export. I want to have user stories including all their details, relating to Epics appear directly after the Epic

4.  RE: How to handle Relationship imports and exports

Posted 11 days ago
Hi Sean,

We actually have a really great resource for what Word Exports can include over in our Member-Created Resources that I'll link here.  I'd start playing around with that to see what sort of capabilities that export type has right now.

From what you've provided, it looks like you're going to need to play with the relationship values of these exports and templates to better see what is and is not an option.

If you run into any issues with the above and you're able to respond here with specifics regarding those issues and where you ran into them, we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot that further and I hope that this helps!

Nick Sauve
Jama Software