Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to add a User Comment to an item's version history?

• 1.  How to add a User Comment to an item's version history?

Posted 6 days ago

I would like to leverage the "User Comment" field of the version history to document the reason for change on an item that was previously baselined. Comments that I input against the item before hitting "Save and Done" do not appear there. Where should I input a comment for it to show in the version history?

On a side note, I tried to browse the Support website for information on this topic; I found the following page, but when I open it I get the message "video not found".
    https://community.jamasoftware.com/blogs/jama-community/2017/09/29/getting-started-with-jama-video-item-versioning

------------------------------
    Sophie Marini
    Mercury Systems, Inc

• 2.  RE: How to add a User Comment to an item's version history?

Posted 5 days ago
    In the lower left corner in the edit dialog is a check box notify. Enable that, then you can enter a comment at save, which is shown in the version history as a user comment.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 3.  RE: How to add a User Comment to an item's version history?

Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by Trent 4 days ago
    Also, if you're using the inline editor, you can click the up arrow next to the "Save and Done" button in the lower-right of the window.  This will allow you to instead select "Save and Notify", which is the same functionality as what Harald described if using the popup editor dialog.

Trent
    Plexus Corp (On-Premise)

• 4.  RE: How to add a User Comment to an item's version history?

Posted 4 days ago
    Hey @Sophie,

Thanks for checking in with this commenting feature.  As @Harald and @Trent described, if you were to check that box and follow those steps, those should be the best ways to get you up and running here.  By the way, thanks for jumping in so quickly, Harald and Trent!  It's always appreciated when we can help one another out like this.

Additionally, thanks for catching that the video link within that blog post was broken, I went ahead and fixed that as well so it should be linking to the correct video now.

Have a great weekend and thanks for using Jama!​​​

Nick S
    Jama Software