Release Notes and Announcements

Expand all | Collapse all

Release 5.62 Self-Hosted (SOS-DEF-5251)

• 1.  Release 5.62 Self-Hosted (SOS-DEF-5251)

Posted 07-02-2021 14:50
    Can you confirm when Self-Hosted will that the following defect resolved?  I see within the Release Notes on 5.62 Cloud release, this was fixed, but it was not for our Self-Hosted version and it is causing major issues with tracking our work.  A lot of items being submitted are being missed because of this.

------------------------------
    Laura Cornelison
    System Administration
    Providence Health Plan
    Beaverton OR

• 2.  RE: Release 5.62 Self-Hosted (SOS-DEF-5251)

Posted 07-05-2021 14:48
    I am joining Laura.
    We have a hard time due to SOS-DEF-5251.

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG

• 3.  RE: Release 5.62 Self-Hosted (SOS-DEF-5251)

Posted 07-06-2021 17:59
    Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. There are some specific details regarding SOS-DEF-5251 that we learned after it was reviewed by our Engineers. I'm going to break down those details below:

1: When SOS-DEF-5251 was first identified, it looked very similar to, SOS-DEF-4844, which was fixed in the 8.57 Cloud Release. 
    2: After learning more about both defects, it was determined that the fix for SOS-DEF-4844 seemed to have directly caused SOS-DEF-5251.
    3: This detail made us realize that SOS-DEF-5251 had only existed in the Cloud, as it was pre-dated by SOS-DEF-4844, and was only present in the versions between 8.57 and 8.62. It was therefore only listed as "fixed" in the 8.62 Cloud Release Notes.
    4: On-Premise customers who encountered similar behaviors were likely actually seeing SOS-DEF-4844.
    5: Alessandro, after going through our past conversations, I see that I helped with an issue that I believed to be caused by SOS-DEF-5251. In retrospect, it was more likely SOS-DEF-4844. They are very similar in nature and I apologize for any miscommunication.
    6: In 8.62.2, neither defect is reproducible.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR