Knowledge Base

Expand all | Collapse all

Velocity Report showing reviews and comments

• 1.  Velocity Report showing reviews and comments

Posted 29 days ago
    Attached is a velocity context sensitive report showing reviews, comments and related items.

That report uses some stuff of the vodoo or jedi department, see below.
    #set($sessionFactory = $applicationContext.getBean("sessionFactory"))
    #set($session = $sessionFactory.getCurrentSession())
    #set($reviewsQuery = $session.createQuery("select rw from Review rw where rw.id in (select rev.review.id from Revision rev inner join rev.revisionItems ri where ri.version.originDocument.id in (select doc.id from Document doc where doc.globalId = :globalId))"))
    #set($revisionItemsQuery = $session.createQuery("select revision_item.id from Revision_Item as revision_item where revision_item.revision.id = :revisionId and revision_item.version.originDocument.id in (select doc.id from Document doc where doc.globalId =:globalId)"))

with that approach it is possible to query anything that is not (yet) supported by api as needed.

regards
    Harald

------------------------------
    Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 2.  RE: Velocity Report showing reviews and comments

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi ​Harald,

Thanks for writing into the Community. First, I don't see the report attached, would you like to upload that again? Second, can I rephrase your question? Are you interested in knowing if the Velocity API can get results you are interested in, instead of using embedded queries? Or are you asking if using embedded queries can get you more information than the Velocity API?

We do have Community Review Center Reports available that our team wrote for Jama; you may want to look through them to see if you can use and or cherry-pick from them:

Review Center Comments Report
    JamaSoftware/Community-Reports

Review Center Stats Report

Review Stats - Reviewers Per Item

The Review Center Comments Report and the Review Center Stats Report are both available under "Reports" at the top right of any page in Jama.

Sara Jensen
    Developer Support Engineer
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Velocity Report showing reviews and comments

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Sara,

I attached it, maybe I have to put it in a zip archive that it stays.

The report has been created to fulfill the following needs:
    - show direct at seeing an item all the reviews that happened (also reviews in synched/branched items)
    - comments that have been enetered
    - the relationships, and the description as a tooltip

This was done to support audits,

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG