Release Notes and Announcements

Expand all | Collapse all

Change of version from 8.24 to 8.26

• 1.  Change of version from 8.24 to 8.26

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi,

What are the change in the REST API since 8.24 ?
    To explain my problem I had Junit test in Java that does request to move item into a projet. These tests changes the parent to order them.
    This ones works perfeclty in 8.24, but it is no more the case in 8.26, is there a minor change not in the releases notes that can affects my tests ?
    My java code is not changing so I don't understand why ?
    To move the item we get back the json of the item and only change the value of it's parent in location.

Thanks if you have any clue.

------------------------------
    Garros JP

• 2.  RE: Change of version from 8.24 to 8.26

Posted 9 days ago
    I did a quick review and the only apparent changes I see are additional labs endpoints where we introducing new testrun endpoint behavior. Could you provide the error?

Steve Gotsch
    Product Manager
    Jama Software

• 3.  RE: Change of version from 8.24 to 8.26

Posted 8 days ago
    Thanks for the review, I can't provide you source code or junit test. But I could explein to tou the algorithm used to reorder items.
    So as REST API doesn't allow to insert item at a specific location, for doing this I create a temporary folder aand put item under the one to add into it. Then we add the item at the end of the parent. And the move all the items in the temporary folder in the parent in the same order they were before. So I am able to insert item at the position wanted.
    But it seems it do not work anymore.
    If this explanation are not enough, I will try to trace all REST request I did.

Garros JP