Release Notes and Announcements

Expand all | Collapse all

Duplicating a Project

• 1.  Duplicating a Project

Posted 02-26-2021 12:07
    Hello,
    I was using the information in the HELP function of Jama to learn more about duplicating a project. I successfully duplicate the project in our Jama test environment, but it did not pull over the relationship links, attachments or comments. I came to the User Community and searched for previous topics related to duplicating projects and got a few of my questions answered. A Jama representative also referenced a document titled duplicate a project, but the link is no longer accessible. I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or if this outcome is accurate?

We are currently using Google Chrome to access Jama and we are on version 8.25.3 (I know this is extremely old) we are looking to do a version upgrade mid 2021. I'm wondering if our Jama version has limitations and that is part of the problem I'm having with duplicating my project?

Thank you for taking the time!​​

------------------------------
    Alyssa Stewart
    SelectHealth - Intermountain

• 2.  RE: Duplicating a Project

Posted 03-01-2021 00:44
    Hi Alyssa,

AFAIK Comments cannot be copied (to be frankly I do not care in my use cases, thus I was not checking the details ...).
    Maybe you can set either a Sync or a relationship (right hand side of GUI below), create copied comments in the newly created project by navigating the enstablished relationships/syncs. At the end you can delete the relationships/syncs.
    That sounds like a feature request.

Existing Relationships and Attachments can be copied by checking the correspondent options shown below.

Best,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG