Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Item is not system-locked when restored from a previous version

• 1.  Item is not system-locked when restored from a previous version

Posted 14 days ago

I have a query regarding the expected functionality when restoring a previous version of an item - a version which was locked via the projects workflow.

We have a project workflow which locks an item when it transitions to the 'Approved' state. In this state it cannot be edited as expected. To implement a change request, the item is transitioned out of the Approved state, which unlocks it as expected. The item can then be updated as desired.

However, in the case where the change request is rejected, we want to be able to revert to the previously-approved version. We use the Versions widget on the single-item view to revert to the appropriate version. The item is restored to that version, and reports it is in the Approved state, however it is not locked.

I suspect the code restoring the version is not triggering the workflow transition, leaving the item unlocked. Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks
    Peter

------------------------------
    Peter Hall
    ON Semiconductor

• 2.  RE: Item is not system-locked when restored from a previous version

Posted 14 days ago

Hi Peter! 

Thank you for bringing this up. It's a very interesting question and I am also curious to learn more about it.

I've reached out to our Product team to learn more and will reach out with what I find out. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Item is not system-locked when restored from a previous version

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Peter,

Following back up with some feedback on this inquiry.

You are correct on the trigger not firing. This is the same type of behavior as when you first turn on workflow and things in specific states aren't locked either.

If you'd like to suggest a change in this behavior, I would recommend filing an Ideation card with this request. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR