Support

1.  Working in two project simultaneously

Posted 10 days ago
​I work with several different projects which have a lot of common/related information. I want to be able to two projects open side-by-side in different windows so I can easily switch back and forth between them (or cut&paste, etc). However, if I have Project A open in one window, and then I open a new window and switch it to Project B, this immediately invalidates the session in the first window, so when I switch back I get an Session Expired error, and I am forced to login again and now both windows are pointed at Project B again. I've tried opening the 2nd window in an entirely different browser (the first one in IE and the other in Chrome... or Chrome Incognito... or Firefox) but nothing helps. Isn't there something I can do to work around this annoyance? A registry setting or something? For now, I'm forced to export the info I need from Project A to a Word document so that I can read it side by side with Project B. What a pain!

------------------------------
Kevin
Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

2.  RE: Working in two project simultaneously

Posted 10 days ago
​Well, turns out the SOLUTION to this problem was embarrassingly simple. I was trying to get too sophisticated by opening up multiple browsers and all that. All I needed to do was open up Jama in a separate TAB of the same browser and I could open (and interact with) several projects simultaneously. (I can even "tear off" the tabs into separate windows and still not get interrupted with session expirations.)

So, thanks anyways. It just works!

Kevin
Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS)

3.  RE: Working in two project simultaneously

Posted 10 days ago
Hi Kevin,

Really sorry we weren't of assistance with this, but glad you got it all figured out. Sometimes we humans just like to complicate things, or maybe that's just me.

Kimberly Embry