Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Possibility to limit Export for Collaborators

• 1.  Possibility to limit Export for Collaborators

Posted 4 days ago
    In case user has reader / collaborator access she/he is able to export the view also to Word and Excel. But in our organization has raised a need to limit the full project data export collaborators. Is it possible to set up?
    The main reason is to limit full download of e.g library project data; risk of data leak.

------------------------------
    Anja
    Finland

• 2.  RE: Possibility to limit Export for Collaborators

Posted 2 days ago
    Anja:

I have looked into this, I am understanding that you would like some sort of way to limit exports of your data out of Jama without hindering the user's ability to collaborate with Jama items. Is this correct? I was not able to find a workaround to do this on our platform, not through permissions or locking the item, or with licenses. Am I understanding the need correctly?

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Possibility to limit Export for Collaborators

Posted yesterday
    Hi Chloe,
    You have got it right.  This kind of export limitation is available in one of our IT solutions and of course our Jama users and management were looking for the similar kind of permission limitation also in Jama.  But as this is the case we just need to carefully check who is really needing the full visibility and who not.

Anja
    Finland