Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Can Filter Based Report to Include Container and Sets

• 1.  Can Filter Based Report to Include Container and Sets

Posted 8 days ago
    Hello,
    I am trying to figure out if there is a way to include sets and containers in a report based on a filter.

I like how if I select a container and do export to MS Word, it includes the Container and the Sets in the report output, but if I need to include a report with contents from multiple containers I assume  I need to do this by creating a filter. The challenge is I  do not see a way I can include the sets and/or containers in the output of the filter results so they are in the report output. Is this possible to do?

Thank you
    Jason

------------------------------
    Jason Barton
    VMS
    Palo Alto CA

• 2.  RE: Can Filter Based Report to Include Container and Sets

Posted 4 days ago
    Jason:

The answer to this thread is an idea for you to consider: Filter on specific fields for component, set.... look at @Harald answer there. It is marked "Best Answer". ​

You can also utilize wild cards here too, depending on how you set up your naming conventions or by set key! Here is a good Community thread on set key's and wild cards: Filtering on Set-Key

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Can Filter Based Report to Include Container and Sets

Posted 4 days ago
    Hi Jason,

before starting the export enable the document view. Then start the export. In Document view you get all the hierarchy from folders,, components and sets included.

regards
    Harald

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG