Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Synchronize all Tags, Attachments, and Links

• 1.  Synchronize all Tags, Attachments, and Links

Posted 9 days ago
    When I do a sync from one project to another, I usually select the option to Synchronize all Tags, Attachments, and Links.  I'm not seeing Tags, Attachments, and Links synchronized though in all of the projects.  

------------------------------
    Henry Kwok
    The Ford Foundation

• 2.  RE: Synchronize all Tags, Attachments, and Links

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Henry:

So, you are reusing and syncing items from one project to the other and are checking the box to "synchronize all tags, attachments and links". You mentioned that you are not seeing your "syncs" through all of the projects, could you elaborate more? I have a few questions:

1.) Did these syncs ever show up, as in: were the syncs indicated one day and then gone the next? If they "disappeared" do you recall when you started noticing that they were missing?

2.) In the Explorer Tree do the items in question have blue dots on them? If they do, when you right-click the item and then click on "View Synced Items" and are looking at the Synced items window, what do you see? In the Synced items window, will it allow you to "compare"?

3.) Is it possible for you to send any screenshots of what you are looking at?

4.) Finally, are you seeing that this is something that you are noticing in "some" projects but, not others? Is the un-syncing happening consistently across all the projects and/or all items or just in some cases? The reason I am asking this is because it is very possible that someone in your organization, who has the correct permissions could click the "break sync" button causing you to wonder where the sync's went.

I am attempting to figure out whether these sync's just never took verses the syncs were there one day and then gone the next. Trying to determine the scope of your concern.

Thanks,

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Synchronize all Tags, Attachments, and Links

Posted 7 days ago
    Henry:

Thanks for the added information you sent me. Upon looking at the information I have determined that this issue would be more appropriate to solve in a ticket. Please look for my email.

Chloe Elliott
    Business Support Engineer