Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Setting the review status of a test plan

• 1.  Setting the review status of a test plan

Posted 13 days ago
    I have circulated a test plan for review and approval. Now that the review is complete, how do I flagged this plan as "approved".

------------------------------
    Kathleen Schugart
    MOBILion Systems, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Setting the review status of a test plan

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Kathleen, 

There isn't a way to mark it as "approved". Are you trying to remove the Approved Test Plans in any way? Or do you just want to differentiate the approved ones?

You could choose to Archive it. However, when you Archive a Test Plan, the associated Test Runs no longer appear in the associated Test Case, and the Test Case Status reverts to "not scheduled." You can unarchive Test Runs and recalculate Test Case status by "unarchiving" the associated Test Plan. That option may not be ideal but I wanted to share it regardless. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 3.  RE: Setting the review status of a test plan

Posted 6 days ago
    I would like to differentiate the approved test plans

Kathleen Schugart
    MOBILion Systems, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Setting the review status of a test plan

Posted 6 days ago

You might consider using a custom field to differentiate the approved Test Plan and create an Advanced Filter on that field. If you do this, you could then add the Advanced Filter as a widget on your Project Dashboard to track the Approved Test Plan.

Examples below:

In my test, I added a custom picklist field, named it "Approved?" (you can name it whatever works best for your use case) and associated it to a simple "Yes/No" picklist:

Then I edited a Test Plan and selected "Yes"

and created an Advanced Filter to search for this response:

Finally, I added this Advanced Filter as a widget on my Project Dashboard. Doing this will allow you to keep live results on your dashboard to return all "Yes" results as they are updated.

Let me know what you think!

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR