Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Review Center Null Error

• 1.  Review Center Null Error

Posted 12-10-2018 04:22
    Hi I had a review center open for weeks but this morning I saw this TypeError about a null Tag.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'tagName' of nullI cannot do anything with the review center now. It seems stuck.

(I also tried rebooting the whole company's JAMA instance - Didn't fix it)

Can someone from JAMA Support provide some suggestions?

Regards,
    Ioannis

------------------------------
    Ioannis Margaris
    Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Ireland LTD

• 2.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 12-10-2018 16:03
    Ioannis:

Hello, thank you for your questions in the Community. My suggestion is, next time you see this error in the Review Center try:

1.) Click the 'Ok' button on the error,
    2.) then click on the 'Highlight View' button (in the upper right hand corner of the review)

These actions should reload the review.

Let us know if this helps your situation.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 12-11-2018 03:00
    ​Thanks Chloe!

Yes the issue has been fixed.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks
    Ioannis

Ioannis Margaris
    Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Ireland LTD

• 4.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 12-11-2018 16:01
    Ioannis, so glad to hear that! You are very welcome.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 28 days ago
    ​Chloe,

Does JAMA have this RC null error listed as a bug?  Our customers are seeing this as well and providing a workaround isn't the answer they're expecting.

Virginia

• 6.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 27 days ago
    Virgina:

Hello, yes we have this listed in our internal defect list. For your records, the defect key is: SOS-DEF-2660 - Errors accessing select reviews. You can use this key to check against our Release Notes to see when it has been fixed.

The current workaround is:
    1.) click the "OK" button on the error then,
    2.) click on the "highlight" button.

Sounds like your organization is experiencing this same defect, I will link your org to this defect in our internal system.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 27 days ago

Thanks, that's something I can relay to our customer as well since I created a problem ticket on our side.  Hopefully something to be corrected in the next upgrade.

• 8.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 9 days ago
    Chloe- I am having the same problem.  Just happened as I was sending a review out to 10 or so people.
    Unfortunately, your fix doesn't work for me.  I'm wondering if this issue is local to me, or will all the people I sent the review to have this problem?  I can send them a note.  What would you suggest RE getting my items reviewed?

FYI- I did try a clearing my browser cache, and also a different browser (IE)  than what I was using (Chrome).  The same error is there for IE (message slightly different but it is RE "null"/"undefined" tagname

Thanks,
    Chris Clanton

Chris Clanton
    Shure
    Niles IL
    312-320-6924

• 9.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 8 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 8 days ago
    Chris:

Good morning, just a few of clarifying questions. You mentioned that you received this error while in the process of sending a review out, did you confirm with the Reviewers whether or not they received the Review? What was the outcome? You mentioned that your error message is different, could you post the exact language here?

And it sounds like this error has popped up more than once for you, is it always when you are in the process of sending items to review or just when you attempt to access them in general?

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 10.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Chloe,

The error started to occur AFTER the review was sent, didn't show up on sending it out if I remember correctly.  I only actually saw it when I tried to open the review after sent.  Sorry for not being more clear.  I always see it when I open the related review.

Reviewers received the review and have the same issue I described, as I received an email about it last night.

One of the other people here discovered that a workaround could be to click OK in the error dialog and then click the refresh button top-right of your tool.

I noticed, though, as a moderator, even when I do the above, I have problems where I cannot make edits in the review- the drop down to the left of the review item that normally offers edit/unfollow options never shows up.  Further, that problem only happens for the last few items in my review, not the first ones.

I sent a different review right before this one and don't see this issue with that one.  I'll be sending more reviews today and will look out for the issue with those.

I should be ok in the short term if the workaround above enables users to comment.  As a moderator, i can always make item edits other ways.

Thanks for getting back to me quickly :)

Chris

Chris Clanton
    Shure
    Niles IL
    312-320-6924

• 11.  RE: Review Center Null Error

Posted 5 days ago
    Chris:

Thank you for this information here. Glad to know that the workaround works for the most part for your reviewers. The alternate behavior you are noticing as the moderator is interesting, even more intriguing that it is only happening to the last few items in your review stack. Just to clarify, when you click into a Review item in the Review Center this whole area (the circled) is just gone? Or is it just the "edit item" that is gone? Interesting that this only seems to happen in the last few items.

Glad to see that you know your way around Jama enough to utilize other ways to edit your items. If this behavior persists, please put in a ticket with our Support team so that they can take a closer look and possibly log this. Make sure to link this Community thread for reference.

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR