Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Public Review not accessible

• 1.  Public Review not accessible

Posted 21 days ago
    Edited by Sebastian Merz 21 days ago
    Hi Community,
    with Jama 8.20.2, I have the following behavior:
    In the admin's section, reviews can be public (Only those with permission to ALL the items in the review).
    We use this to give each project member (member of create/edit or read access group) the possibility to access the review and have a look at the comments- independent if he/she was a reviewer or approver.
    But some members cannot access the review- if the click on it (as it is public they see it), they get the following message:

So my question is: what is the definition of permission to ALL the items in the review?
    Or is the review center settings a bit buggy?

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards
    ------------------------------
    Sebastian Merz
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 2.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 20 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 19 days ago
    Sebastian:

Hi, thank you for contributing in the Community!

If you use the "Only those with permission to ALL the items in the review" setting then you are only allowing people across the org who have been given permissions to read all and any items put in the Review. For Example: say a user has permissions to 99 of the 100 items in the Review, tries to access this Review - they will be denied access to the whole review because they do not have permissions to that 1% of the Review.

Sounds like you have members who do not have permissions to some part/parts of this review. I would advise checking their permissions.

Hope this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi Chloe,
    thank you a lot for your advice - I already checked that and the user is in the read access group and the create/edit group of the project.
    How can I (or him/her) check the read access?
    These are the groups in the project and the user is in both Create/edit and read acess groups.
    He came in the project when it was already ongoing, so is it possible that e.g. if one item has been deleted (which is in the review), he cannot access it?
    But than again: how can I see this and how to fix this?

Thank you a lot!
    Best regards

Sebastian Merz
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 4.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 19 days ago
    Edited by Chloe Elliott 19 days ago
    Sebastian:

I have been playing with my instance trying to recreate your issue. I recreated this error when I:

1.) Made an ongoing Review which had items deleted and the Review was not updated by "publishing a revision" yet,
    2.) I then added a new user and gave them "Read" permissions to the whole project
    3.) As that new user, I could see the Review in my Public Reviews but, I received that same permissions error when I clicked in.

I think you might be on to something about deleting items which are in the Review. I would have the user who initiated the Review go in and publish a Revision of the Review, then have the user who is getting the error message check and see if they can access it. This was how I was able to fix this for my fake user in my instance.

Let me know if this helps!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Chloe,
    thank you for your tipps- I could reproduce this behavior.
    But honestly I think this is a bug in Jama.
    Because with this drawback I (as a Jama admin in our organization) have to tell people to only use one review (let's say instance) for the whole lifecycle of a chapter/component.
    As I mentioned, we chose the public option to make the reviews available for our whole team (even if not all of them are part of the review).
    So if we make a public Review (lets say of the system specification) called REV-1 with participants A, B, C.
    We have the items 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 and approve them.
    After half a year, we have little changes and delete item 4. A new review is created for additional other changes- REV-2.
    If now person D (which has read access of course) wants to access REV-1, the access will be denied because only the old review participants A,B and C can view this.
    So the only workaround (as far as I see) is to tell people to use the REV-1 again for the changes (we have to remember it, because Jama does not sort or structure the reviews very well imho). another workaround would be to export the older comments to word- which I think is not as comfortable as the Jama review view.

But thank you anyways for pointing that out.

Best regards,

Sebastian Merz
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 6.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 14 days ago
    Thank you Sebastian:

I am looking further into this matter, please excuse my repetition, I just want to clarify your situation for my records:

I am understanding that my solution did work for you: "Publish a Revision" of the Review, after deleting an item in Jama. You tried this and your User has access to the REV 2 but, ideally you want the user to also be able to have access to REV1 as well? Is this correct?

Thank you,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 7.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 14 days ago
    Hi Chloe,
    yes, I expect the old review to be accessible (like it is for the review participants), but ideally I would not need to publish a new revision.

Sebastian Merz
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 8.  RE: Public Review not accessible

Posted 13 days ago
    Sebastian:

I have filed a bug to be logged in our internal system with this Community post and your organization associated to it. For your reference, here is the bug ID: SOS-DEF-3085. You can check future release notes for this ID to see if this bug has been fixed.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR