Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Importing from Word, # of outline/heading levels that will import

• 1.  Importing from Word, # of outline/heading levels that will import

Posted 01-15-2016 15:18
    How many levels of headings will import into Jama from Word?
    Currently have 8 levels in a Word document.
    Levels greater than 6 (i.e. 7 and above) import as descriptive text at level 6.
    Headings greater than 7 are not recognized as headings.
    From this I have 1 requirement with text of many.
    Is this an import limitation?
    I believe I can import these separately at a lower level and then simply move them to the desired nested level. Is this the only work-around?

• 2.  Re: Importing from Word, # of outline/heading levels that will import

Posted 01-15-2016 15:37
    Edited by Dana 08-23-2017 12:36
    Hi Doug, welcome to the community. You might consider this posting: Here , This confirms your observation. Sorry for your troubles, and thank you for sharing y our work-around, which is the only one that I know--thanks to your suggestion. Have a good day. swoo

• 3.  Re: Importing from Word, # of outline/heading levels that will import

Posted 01-15-2016 15:57
    Thanks for the quick reply, and link to related post. My search was not bringing that up.
    OK, we have a work around for importing, but it sounds like there is also a problem in producing a Word document (output) that has greater than 6 Heading levels. I'll have to output and look at impact. Maybe easily cleaned up in Word, maybe not.

• 4.  RE: Re: Importing from Word, # of outline/heading levels that will import

Posted 5 days ago

Posting an update to this thread:

In consideration of scalability, it is now by design that you can use up to six levels of hierarchy when importing with Word.

Please visit this thread for additional context.  

------------------------------
    Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR
    ------------------------------